Justification and Content Development.

Yo, i guess for now, my project's concept is already strengthen up (still guessing). I'm certain now, im going to develop/create a digital instrument based on theremin and i felt like enhanced the idea with the use of synthesizer. Add on, im going to project a visualization to implement the midi sound that coming from the synthesizer/theremin. Oh, and the main key for this project is using arduino. I'd always love to do some wiring and circuit diagram since my earlier days, back went 'Kemahiran Hidup' subject is still offered to me, i guess it was back on 2003. Sadly, later on after that, there's no subject i've taken offered me to do a project based on electricity and electronic stuff. So its time for me to explore it now.

example of arduino +theremin


As moving forward, i do a lots of research based on arduino and theremin. I've found out, it was so effing difficult and the research became too messy once i step in into the arduino world which is involved a lots of programming and processing, the scripting only is killing me. But in a positive ways, the project gave me a lots of benefit to improve my scripting knowledge. Well it's true, i hate scripting and such but, the project forcing me to learn all the stuff (but most of the time copy and paste is better than understand the scripting it self). Just want to keep blog with lots of words so i m going to start talk about crappy stuff and bla bla bla. haha. ok enough with me blabbering about the stuff that you don't really care, so let's move on to the next chapter.

As far as im concern, My project is a sound based project togetherness with audio visualization. I'm doing my part by start researching about the midi sound, arduino and its environment, and the plug in i need to make the projects work. Also, the software that needs to be integrated with arduino and its environment, which is processing value. There's a few programs that offered a function to keep up with arduino and such. As been advised to me, vvvv and max/msp is the best ways to visualize the data that i'll collect from the arduino board.


Max/Msp environmet.

vvvv environment


Beside these, i've found other interesting programs that are been used to do the audio visualization, which is by using SuperCollider. But the poor things is, this application involved lots of scripting but of course in a fun ways, and the result of SuperCollider was superbly amazing. I've tried few things about the SuperCollider and found out, actually it might be the direct way to create a digital music but the hardest part is well-known, the scripting and the communication of it which involved lots of plug-in, nevertheless to studies the program itself is fun! (but so stressed out when thing doesn't seem to work on your orders)

Aite i will be going to talk about SuperCollider and including the plan for may project floor plan (does this sound wrong? wtv), and some storyboard regarding my imagination device and cicuit diagram.

references;

max/msp tutorial
vvvv website
Creating your own digital music
handmade music



No comments:

Post a Comment